Alfa Romeo Forum banner

GTA over refined?

Tags
gta refined
1K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Fredrik 
#1 ·
I was very impressed with the GTA today. Though I was suprised it wasn't a little coarser. Its still very quiet, mild mannered, suspension is supple...... certainly not the beast I was expecting. Certainly more my sort of car than would suit most of the members on here I would of thought. Even the lack of extreme torque steer suprised me (Clarkson?). Engine was nice below 4000 and great above.

No Selespeed is a shame, that will probably rule it out for me as its become the best feature of the 147 I currently have.

#11 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by FabrizioGiovanardi:
<strong>The 147GTA will came out to the market, with a new, and faster in gearchanges robotized gearbox. The 2nd selespeed generation. Hope, coming out soon.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have read that it is a 4-th!!! generation!

#12 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by selespeed:
<strong> I see the GTA as a daily driver with the capability of going very fast. </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">:cool: Thank God!! I cant afford a daily car too :D

#14 ·
I asked the dealer about selespeed and was told it had been ditched on the 156 and definately wasn't going onto the 147.

Can anyone confirm otherwise cos if so I'm going to order one.

#15 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Boris:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by FabrizioGiovanardi:
<strong>The 147GTA will came out to the market, with a new, and faster in gearchanges robotized gearbox. The 2nd selespeed generation. Hope, coming out soon.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have read that it is a 4-th!!! generation!</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is indeed the 4th generation:
1st - Alfa 156
2nd - Alfa 147
3rd - Fiat Stilo
4th - Alfa GTA

#16 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by T07:
<strong>I asked the dealer about selespeed and was told it had been ditched on the 156 and definately wasn't going onto the 147.

Can anyone confirm otherwise cos if so I'm going to order one.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Selespeed feature for the GTA has known many delays. Rumors said the selespeed was not going to be available on the GTA, but the 156 GTA with 6 speed Selespeed is now a fact. Buyers had to wait a long time (over a year!), but it is finally there. I have seen one last Saturday actually.

I heard from my contacts there will be a 147 GTA Selespeed as well but we he couldn't tell me when the first ones will be produced

#17 ·
I am determined to buy a 156 GTA, but can't decide between Selespeed or Manual without a test drive of a Selespeed version.
I am a contented 156 2.0 Selespeed owner but I'm uncertain about Selespeed and the 250bhp V6.
UK dealers are saying that there will be no demonstrators in this country.
Any one yet driven a GTA Selespeed?
Anyone know a dealer in Netherlands or Belgium with a demonstrator?

Thanks,

Andy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.