Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Times…0-100Km/h : 80-120Km/h…

14K views 233 replies 21 participants last post by  THROTTLEMAN 
#1 ·
I’m writing this topic to check the times below…
And to confirm an old topic that was discuss Ivo (and others) reprise times.
Just for example in a gasoline car is very different making reprise time in 4 and 3 gear…I’ve try in the other day and with car full and raining I’ve done +- 7 / 8 secs in 3 gear from 80 - 120 km/h.
In my free time I’m going to make all the times to paste here…can everyone paste his time here too?

Official times (I think!)

Engine:
1.6 TS - 105 cv and 140 Nm
1.6 TS - 120 cv and 146 Nm
2.0 TS - 150 cv and 181 Nm
1.9 JTD - 115 cv and 275 Nm

Top Speed:
(105cv) 183 km/h
(120cv) 195 km/h
(150cv) 205 km/h
(115cv) 186 km/h

Reprises 80 - 120 km/h In 4 and 5:
(105cv) 13.5 / 19.7
(120cv) 10.5 / 15.1
(150cv) 9.4 / 13.5
(115cv) 9.2 / 10.5

PS:
Don’t forget to mention if is a 1.6 / 2.0 or JTD (and if is tuned or not!).

See less See more
#54 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by GGG:
<strong>Sorry to dissapoint you Mel, but I disagree!

While it is fun to time acceleration runs, it is pointless to compare times with other people's times and more so, when you compare them with magazines' times. No, serious journalists doing serious roadtests DO NOT use car speedos. Neither do they use hand held stopwatches. Instead, they use accurately calibrated equipment costing THOUSANDS of Euros. The system of using a hand held stopwatch and the car's speedo is so crude and full of variables that it is practically useless especially when you are comparing fractions of a second!

The primary function of a car speedometer is to prevent you from exceeding the speed limit. That's why they are compulsory and that's why they almost always show a faster speed then the real speed. Manufacturers prefer if their speedos over read than under read. They are safer that way!</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">GGG,

I fully agree with you, but what I tried to explain is that we are NOT professionals, well at least I am not, but amateur drivers who happen to love their Alfa professionally :D So for time comparisons between each other I think the speedo and the good ol' stopwatch is more than enough. However, if we were to organize a day on the circuit with professional equipment I would love to participate with my Bella to get a professional comparison with other AO-members :D

#56 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by GGG:
<strong>A race between us round a circuit would be even more fun!</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah!!! :D :D :D if spa was free in April... :rolleyes: :D wink

#59 ·
Today I took my bella for a spin. It was a trip of 200 km with an average fuel consumption of 1 litre every 6.3 kms :D

And when I was out there I measured the difference between the speed on the dials and the actual speed. 120 km/h on the speedo is in real speed: 116.1 km/h

While I was out there I also took a pic:

Conditions when I took the picture: dry, 2.5 degrees, hardly any wind, flat road (top speed in the other direction was only 2 kms less)

Selespeed

#60 ·
GREAT picture Hans!! You're the man! Way to goooooooooooo.... fast!! :D :D :D

#61 ·
Taking pictures at that speed... it can't be easy... How did you manage to do that Hans?

#63 ·
<strong>That is a heavy fuel consumption, were you red lining in each gear throughout the whole trip?</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In fact I wasn't. About 70 kilometers of the trip I was driving 120 km/h with the cruise control activated. You can guess what I did during the rest of the trip :D :D

Selespeed

#64 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by hugo147:
<strong>Taking pictures at that speed... it can't be easy... How did you manage to do that Hans?</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is very easy, even without the rubber front spoiler the car is steady as a rock at that speed.

Selespeed

#65 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by selespeed:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by hugo147:
<strong>Taking pictures at that speed... it can't be easy... How did you manage to do that Hans?</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is very easy, even without the rubber front spoiler the car is steady as a rock at that speed.

Selespeed</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No doubt about the great stability! :)
But handing a camera and looking at the road at that speed...
Btw, is it a digital, Hans? What brand and model?
It takes very good pictures. wink

#66 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by hugo147:
<strong>.. is it a digital, Hans? What brand and model?</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is a digital camera (otherwise it takes weeks before I can report about a 147 meeting). When I purchased it I was looking for a camera as cheap as possible but with the most pixels in its class. I ended up with the Fujifilm Finepix A201 which has 2.0 megapixel and costed only € 350 (1.5 years ago)

Selespeed

#67 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by selespeed:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by hugo147:
<strong>.. is it a digital, Hans? What brand and model?</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is a digital camera (otherwise it takes weeks before I can report about a 147 meeting). When I purchased it I was looking for a camera as cheap as possible but with the most pixels in its class. I ended up with the Fujifilm Finepix A201 which has 2.0 megapixel and costed only € 350 (1.5 years ago)

Selespeed</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good quality at a good price Hans! Indeed a good choice. All the photos I've saw have a very good resolution, good color balance and realism.
:)

#68 ·
Hans, at last a guy who's honest about the top speed of his car, Equals mine btw.

For the record. Most speedo sensors are fitted into the gearbox, and has been for ages (FWD cars) and only measures the speed of one of the outgoing driveshafts (or the driveshaft; RWD).

Some old DAF's and Volvo's, not to mention old beetles have the speedo driven gear in of the front wheel bearing hubs.

Finally; in most countries, legislations require speedos to show the actual speed figure or more (in the name of security). If it shows a lesser speed, the car cannot be homologated (spelling ?) to local standards. I know for a fact that several manufacturers accepts a 5 - 7 percent deviation, IE the speedo shows up to 7 percent more than actual roadspeed.

Hope this clear things up a bit.

Cheers

Hoygaard

#69 ·

Selespeed</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dont tell me that you were talking on the phone at the same time :D :D :D

This is a great pic and you are a brave man. You should post this pic on BMW and Audi forum (if there is any :D ) after photoshoping the 5th gear idnicator to 4th :D :D :D

#71 ·
Just came home from rotterdam. 5 lane highway, almost no cars. (A4)

Used my tripcomputer to calculate average speed. Tested this before with the 100 meter road signs and a watch and it turned out to be quite accurate.

Distance traveled: 5 km.
Speed on the dials: 193 km/h
Average speed on tripcomputer: 184 km/h

This is indicated in one of the SatNav screens, but corresponds with the board computer between the dials.
Top speed works for me.

(Cant imagine how a non-tuned 1.9 JTD is capable of going 215 on the dials unless it's down hill. Had 220 on the clock once, but that was down hill AND with wind coming from the back....)

#73 ·
When I got 215km/h it was in a very flat motorway. I felt that it was possible to have even more speed... but I had to break for security. There was more people on the motorway.

Hans: I thought I was the only one with no sleep! 3:30am and posting? :D :D must keep the rhythm wink

#74 ·
Hans,

Great picture man! Definitely top notch! By the way, the car can go faster, since you're not ' touching' the rev limiter (red area?), right?

Here are some other pics from drivers just as brave as OUR HANS :D

The board computer is indicating the brakelights should be tested!!!!!! eek! Can you imagine that? At that speed? :D

I LOOOOOOVVVEEEE THIS ONE!!!!!

But this one smacks all them porsches, mercs, ferrari's (maybe....). This is definitely my favourite! And by the way.....check out that fuel consumption: 46.7 liters/100km eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! !!!!!!

#76 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Hoygaard:
<strong>Mel,

Have a look on the first picture, I think it's odd the car can travel at such a speed, and only consume 13-14 l of gas per 100 Km.

Maybe the rear end is jacked up. :D :D :D , or that'll be the most economical Beemer ever.

Cheers

Hoygaard</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hoygaard,

You might be very right you know! eek! That's why he got the check brakelights!!!!!! :mad: WE GOT A CHEATER! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.