Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Remote and alarm issues

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Stixy 
#1 ·
Hi,

Been a problem free 6 months, but all good things come to an end....

Car was open and I went up to it and locked it by mistake, so I unlocked it (all with remote) and nothing. Opened the door with the key and the alarm went off. Carried on trying but nothing. I was out so changed the batts on the fob but still nothing. Managed to drive the car, the alarm led flashes on the dash but seems to have got bored going off. Tried my other key, nothing so new batts, nothing, remote locking is dead and the alarm light on the car continues to flash.

Be nice to have it all working, failing that I wouldnt mind disabling it.

Please help.

David

#3 ·
Give this guy a call, seem to be clued up on the Meta alarms systems,Abacus Car Alarms

#5 ·
Thanks for the help so far guys.

I found the box under the bonnet and disconnected the main battery. The unit was still blinking on the dash. I pulled and wd40d the relays and fuses and then turned the unit off with the key which I later found.

left it for an hour or so and turned it all back on.

:mad: Now it doesnt start! the orange code logo appears on the panel when you try to start it doh!!!!

#8 ·
PM sent

#10 · (Edited)
Dave
I have found out some info, could you please clear out your PM's so I can send you a message. Sounds like your plips may need to be reprogrammed to your alarm?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.