Alfa Romeo Forum banner

vibrating steering wheel

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  groovylee 
#1 ·
just bought my new 145 cloverleaf on saturday, i didnt open her up on the test drive due to traffic, i got back home and took her on a run down the motorway, the steering wheel vibrates at 85mph getting worse with increasing speed, the car tracks straight and brakes ok, any ideas???:rolleyes:

#2 ·
Buckled wheel, thrown a balance weight, knackered lower wishbones, bushes gone, dodgy tyre...could be a number of things really. Best get the wheels balanced first. That should count the first two and the last one on the list out and while the wheels are off you can check your bushes etc..

#10 ·
Check your bushes, especially the lower wishbones, did they do the tracking as well, if not, there could be an issue there

#12 ·
Very few garages balance the wheels perfectly, always a little off so if you have two wheels on the same axle that are slightly off in the same place that will make two small problems into one bigger one

#13 ·
My 147 vibrates at around 45 mph, until around 48 mph - clearly coming from underneath. Wheels have been balanced, tyres changed, extra kinetic grease, axle taken apart and put back together - all to no avail. This has been going on since I bought it end October 2009! Still love my car though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.