Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Rubber button on top of Brake fluid reservoir?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  S.speed 
#1 ·
Hi,

There's a rubber button on top of my Brake fluid reservoir labelled something like "Press this to test indicator".
Nothing seems to happen when you press it.

The reson I was checking the reservoir was that the brake warning light was coming on when accelerating flat out.

Anyone got any ideas?

Kris

#2 ·
The button will move the float down, thus simulating low brake fluid and making the indicator come on. Or it should. Low brake fluid will occur when your pads are low and the brake cylinders are fairly well extended. Sounds like you need to get your brake pads looked at, once done, then check and topup your fluid if neccessary

Steve

G
#4 ·
If I go round a bend in my 156 at speed (a frequent occurrence), my brake indicator light also comes on. It has done this since new and yes, the fluid is up to the max mark and yes, the pads are OK. It's merely that the car rolls a bit (which I hope to sort next year with some suspension tweaks) and add to that the centrifugal force and the fluid gathers at one side of the little top up reservoir, thus causing the bulb on the warning panel to light up! wink

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.