Alfa Romeo Forum banner

More things gone wrong within the first 6K

Tags
things wrong
1K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Banflu 
G
#1 ·
Not complaining or anything, but just keeping you guys posted.

Dealer had to see me again, this time for the left side door upholstery bubbling up (like the right side did a couple of months ago)- and according to the dealer they never had anyone else with something similar

and, when I use the front windscreen washer water comes out on the rear windscreen too - dealer said washer pump needs replacement

does this happen to all Alfa owners or just me ?

TS

#2 ·
it only happens to you :)
no seriously, nothing of the sort has ever happened. actually i made up a list of all things gone wrong with our alfa. most of them i have found in other reviews, so i pasted the ones which went wrong with our alfa too!! here goes..

1. The paint is rather fragile (lot of stone chips)

2. Front window fell down in the first month

3. Front spoiler fell off

4. Clutch pedal squeaky (fixed with some WD40) wink

5. Manifold shield fractured around mounting point

6. Airbag system failed

7. Had what I believe is a common problem with the VDC/ABS system failure. Systems still worked, but to get rid of message on display had to re-start engine, the fault was due to a faulty sensor in the brake pedal. (they changed the ABS pump and electronics, or so they said.)

8. An assortment of compact disc player errors / Repeated CD Error messages (still does!)

9. It handles very well, however the anti-lock braking system cuts in a bit too soon. (f.ck abs!!)

10. Radio station presets self reset (still do)

11. Driver's seat (leather) is very noisy when shifting weight. Apparently easy to sort out (i think this prob has gone by itself)

cheers and hope they'll fix the trouble !

patrick

#4 ·
ooh i forgot..the ventilation fan makes a lot of vibrations and noise! :D

so you didnt have any of the probs which i listed?? stange..they seem to be quite common from what i've read on another car-review site. maybe i'm the one with the bad luck.

btw check out http://www.alfaowner.com/forum/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000822;p=2 for an update on the "red-dot-syndrome" the Alfa had :)

did the dealer agree on replacing your door trim? they still have to agree on chaging some of our parts. do you know the tecnical manager btw?

cheers

#5 ·
oh btw..i doubt if our alfa is younger than yours.. we bought it 22nd May but it was here before than that..they used it in the trade fair and it was displayed in the showroom for a couple of weeks too

it does look younger though doesnt it? :p :D

ooh btw..today i was washing it and i took it a step further.. thought of carmelo so i removed both front wheels to wash their "insides" and also the wheel arches.. issa tista tiekol minn fuqhom :D

clean enough sir?

i didnt have anything better to do!! :D

cheers

#7 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Gysman:
<strong>You are truely mad!! (also meant in a good way)
Removing your wheels to clean the inside. The car will be faster now though (less weight :D )

Must have taken you quite some time! Did you use acids, or normal hot shampood water?</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LoL!! yeah thinking about it its not worth the trouble. i think it took about an hour or a bit more just to do the "wheel arch+wheel-cleaning- act"! wink nope no acids used..just normal water and soap. i only did it to the front wheels though. the wheels weren't really dirty because i always clean the insides as much as i can by inserting the sponge through the holes. but this is difficult on the fronts as the brake disk is a bit large! as for the wheel arches, also normal soapy water and then finished off with armor all dash cleaner for the black parts. must admit they look ace now (for these 2 days maybe..then they'll get dirty all over again)!

btw...it doesn't feel any faster but i'm sure i now have increased torque and about 5-6 more bhp! eek! :D [kidding!!! i know, this is as useless as hell!]

well anyways it was a first for me and probably the last. but i think i'll do the same for the rear wheels some time so they wont feel left out :D

cheers

#8 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Patrick Bonnici:
<strong>
</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Patrick thanx for the tip! I also have the featured squeeky clutch pedal wink

#9 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Alfa 147 Distinctive:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Patrick Bonnici:
<strong>
</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Patrick thanx for the tip! I also have the featured squeeky clutch pedal wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LoL! i actually thought it strange how no one commented on also having the same probs! 10x mel for not making me feel all alone in the troublesome world of alfas :D
be sure to have a torch btw...its dark down there!! (UNDER THE DASH!!!) and spray wd40 on whatever you can find...clutch spring, piston, shaft (on which the pedal rotates), etc...

cheers :D

G
#10 ·
Aw Pat,

well re the replacement - no questions asked, but I have an extended warranty so maybe that might be the reason

re the front wheels, well last Saturday I removed the four of them, I washed the arches, the rims from inside and applied tyre shine from the inside too, now my wheels look like those of that beatiful 156 that came to the last meet.

does not go any faster but I care about detail so . . . now just waiting for the next rainy day

cu

TS

#11 ·
lol! u ijja mela mux jien biss ...qed isserrahli rasi!
what did you do for the rear wheel arches? they're made from a carpety material..how did you clean this? i found a new way ... power-wash it! my dad bought a powerwash last week so now its much easier to rinse the car...faster :)
and the rear wheel arches get rid of all the dirt that way too. it was a bit of a problem before, though!

#13 ·
i know :(
btw, do you know whats the name of the technical manager of the alfa dealer? if so can you pm/email me pls as my dad was supposed to talk to him this morning but he wasnt there!?

PS do we have any news re next aroc meet, etc?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.