Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Warning light…

1K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  Ivo 
#1 ·
Yesterday I had a warning light for 2secs, like “…check oil pressure…” or something…
The warning is mention on the car manual but they say to stop the engine and go to the Alfa service as possible.
Does anyone have this error?
Is this serious or not?
I’m going for vacation in 2 days and I’m going to do the 20.000Km/h revision when I come back and I don’t know if this problem is serious!

#2 ·
I had the same a month ago, at the same time the central locking locked all my doors :mad: I was driving in a turn on a small hill & I was using my GSM carkit at the same time. I thought that could be the reason or...

Never had this problem again, so I didn't bother...

G
#5 ·
Yep..

As 147owner suggests.

I had my 20,000km Service on late July. As a part of the service, I also got the dealer to Change the oil, using a bottle of Mobil1.

Well, 2 weeks later, after a fast turn, I get "Low Oil Pressure" warning. As soon as I got to my work car park, I checked the oil level, and it was on "Minimum" eek!

Can you believe that the car consumed approx 3 litres of Mobil1 in 2 weeks??? eek!

Anyway Paulo, you are running low in oil and better top up soon.

#7 ·
Oooohhhhhhhhhh my little baby…

…needs a drink…come here…look at the plane…vruummmm…OK

I’ve checked the oil level and…it’s dry!!!!
NO OIL!!!
No drop of oil!!!
Empty!!!

I’ve contact the Alfa service and they tell me that I have to put quickly as possible oil in the engine, and do not drive without oil.
They say that it’s normal to lose liters of oil in many Km, and I have to check the oil level in 3000 to 3000 Km.

I’m going to buy 5L of Mobil1 now.

#9 ·
Ivo,

The manual states that the oil level featurette is JTD-only! Nice feature isn't it! And it really works. I just had to top the oil a little bit up a couple of months ago when the oil level showed 4 instead of the 5 columns. To be honest I almost never check my oil levels. I just look at the computer at startup....... wink

#10 ·
Paulo, you made me cry...Is this the way you take care of you baby?! You just don t have a heart, don't you?! How is this, you're making that twin spark diamond running without oil?! You just don't have a heart! pls don't do it again!

#12 ·
I love my car, and all the cars I had before I changed the oil and the oil filter myself, but in this case because is in the warranty I’ve changed the oil in the Alfa service some mouths ago when he pass the 10.000Km
The manual only says 20.000 BUT I’ve pay to Alfa service to changed in the first 10.000Km.

I TAKE CARE OF MY BABY…my wife says I take more care of my baby than her, so don’t say to me that I don’t take care of my beautiful TwinSpark!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

#15 ·
Paulo,

If you take that good care of your car and it hasn't got any drop of oil in it......I really don't want to know how good you take care of your wife wink You know she has to drink and eat, don't you? hahahaha

Take good care of your bella and your wife (I do it....at least I try to do it wink )

G
#16 ·
147 should be checked every 500 miles and topped up at least every 1000 miles.

Mine has done nearly 30,000 now in the year i have had it and it consumes plenty of oil.

Maybe i should try out those other 4 gears!

Moby. :rolleyes:

G
#20 ·
One day a little peasant buys a Ferrari. Second day he come to the salesman with the car broken to pieces, so the salesman go with him on a track to see what's happened. So they start : 1th gear and gas, 2th gear and gas ... 6th gear and gas and the peasant said : "Now R-ocket" :) :) :)

#21 ·
I’ve arrived from the Alfa service…with bran new oil and oil filter. :)
Now I can rest…and Burn some tires. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

The surprise is that was half the price I use to pay in the other Alfa service!
And I’ve received a window sun protector plus a screwdriver box!!!

For now I go only to this Alfa service.

Thx Hugo147 and some friends of mine. :)

#22 ·
You are very welcome Paulo!!

I'm happy for you that everything whent to normal now too :)

Hugo...147 :) with a new avatar!

G
#23 ·
To the guys singing the praises of their diesel motors. How loud is thw diesel? can you hear the difference between the two? What about performance? You say you have torque, does this mean you tow trailers and **** with your works of art? Shame on you if do! In my opinion, you guys can keep your oil level computer gauge and leave the diesel on the farm! (just kidding diesel buddy's!)

#24 ·
Well, i can't compare it with the petrol versions, because i haven't driven one yet..but compared to a VW Bora tdi (I drove one for 3 years) the jtd is more silent.. I would say ,that they're not any louder than simular petrol cars..my brother in law has a 2.0 liter petrol engine (mind you, it's a Daewoo :) )and I find my JTD to be more silent than his car...
On the torque part : of course i don't tow things with my 147 !! (altough i probably can't say the same of our Dutch friends wink ) the torque is just nice because you can re-accelerate without having to shift back..And you don't have to make high rev's to get her going..

#25 ·
147 King,

No towing here, only accelerating 2x as fast as a 2.0 TS Selespeed from 80-120 km/h :D

JTD is more smooth then VAG TDi, but to be honest, the 150 hp standard TDI engine is very, very agressive. Hmm, 139 hp JTD 16v from Alfa is only a few weeks away... wondering when we will get first experience threads here...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.