Alfa Romeo Forum banner

front spot

Tags
front spot
1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  BLUE 
G
#1 ·
HI lads,
just had a new front spot fitted (in the bumper) the new one is crystal clear the old one looks like crap in comparison,dirt in the inside of it.Is it worth stripping it out to try and clean the inside of it as it will be a ***** of a job as she is dropped to 40mm and clearance is nil to get under her.Basically if I go to the bother of taking out the old one is it possible to clean it or will I find I have wasted an hour ?

#2 ·
Blue,
I took apart a 146 with a spot (fog) and didn't have to get underneath. All down from the front. Not sure about cleaning the inside though, think it's sealed.
Toad may be able to advise better as he was looking at this at some point.

G
#4 ·
Hi McGuinn,
I had a look while I was getting new tyres on and it defo comes out from behind which is a nightmare as I will have to get some sort of raiser to get at it.God help me if ever I get a puncture as its too low to get a jack under.The guy in the tyre place had to drive her up onto two pieces of wood beforee he could get his trolly under it to get at the wheels.Anyway,I had her in for the cambelts,tensioner,etc...came to ANOTHER €700 euro,thats about €2,500 spent sice last march on her.The spot came in at €72 (inc vat) and I got a set of alfa plugs of jackj thru this site.Amounted to €112 including delivery in comaparason to €280 from the alfa garage,so big thank you to JackPW for saving me lotsa €'s.Getting a new idle actuator fitted next week,a replacement one as it was changed a few months ago(along with too many items to mention) to try and sort out the erratic idle. mentioned to them that most people in here seem to think it was the lamda or the water sensors but was greeted with "doubt it,we will just replace this first ".But sure we will have to wait and see....I think it was in here I read " Why dont Alfa Romeo drivers acknowledge each other on the road??It's cause they only met that morning in the garage"! Now I know that to be true ,unfortunatly......ah well fingers crossed that I get ti sorted next week !!

#6 ·
Yep, from memory there are three screws... all hex hidden behind the plastic bezel.

But if Blue says he removed it from the back... HE REMOVED IT FROM THE BACK...! RIGHT!!! :p :)
Sounds like the car was modified (a lot), maybe a special bumper or something...

G
#7 ·
cheers for that lads...I hope to get the last few bits and pieces sorted out next weds week . I will get my mates digi camera ,take a few snaps and get her spankin first 'cause i know what all you guys are like in judging mod's on cars so I will have to have her in tip top nick before posting photos up.I had to go collect the sparkplugs JPW sent over for me and took a workmate with me(he drives a R6).I let him drive it back and he was like a child getting out of it !!All he could say was "I want one ! ".So I do have to admit even tho its cost me my jocks in the 6 months I have had it and will never recoup any of the money invested in it...hios face summed it up for me the feeling you get when you give her a bit of stick on the motorway....pure unadulterated fun...and there's very little of that left in this world...now if only we could sort out the speed traps !!!

G
#9 ·
eh,me and engines dont get on ,dunno ,kn induction kit was put on it,engine is straight forward 1.8,not chipped or anything.It's more the astetic look of it really,full leather.There was a full body kit put on it from factory,suspension was lowered,new exaust,it's just a head turner really.The colour of it makes it I reckon and the reg to those in the know is cool,anyway,promise to get a few snaps up in the near future.Thanks for all the info,altho the alfa mechanics hate to see me coming now armed to the teeth with possible solutions where the read out says otherwise.But I reckon this is definitly the best place for anyone from complete morons like me to the expert who is still learning new tricks about these beautys.I don't care what anyone says ,all Alfas are female,tempremental,stubborn,feisty,turn heads but treat them well and your guaranteed a good solid ride"!Altho' my g/f might complain about the speed sometimes !!!!!!!!

G
#12 ·
wasn't me in blackrock....thats wayyyyy to posh for me ...I wouldn't be let out there !!*lol*...do you remember hollywood nights...ah mammarys!! I did see a car similar-ish to mine for sale in palmerstown about 2 months ago,but it wasn't fully colour coded and was only a 1.4.

#13 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by BLUE:
<strong>...do you remember hollywood nights...</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You mean 'Deep'?...
Nah... I'm not that old... wink

G
#14 ·
I am sure it was called hollywood nights,in the stillorgan park hotel....just remember loadsa top totty,hmm.....I must be old...*shuffles off to get zimmer frame*...is 34 old??....well then i guess i must be ...dammit !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.