Alfa Romeo Forum banner

blue cloverleaf badge?

9K views 91 replies 30 participants last post by  tootes 
#1 ·
can someone tell me why????

#3 ·
Apparently they were meant for another European country, but some came over here. I have noticed though that you appear to see them a lot on particular colour cars, like my Proteo Red. I realise that QV means green cloverleaf, but having seen a few different ones, I actually prefer the look of the blue one.

#5 ·
That is another of the colours that it seems to be on.

#7 ·
This is interesting, cos this has been discussed on here several times in the last 18 months or so, and the outcome has always been that the green has faded. Mines proteo red and only the leaf on the back door is blue! the side skirts are green! Still think its just faded!

#8 ·
The person I spoke to at Hull suggested that where a car has mixed leaves, it's coz it originally came with all blue, and some had to be replaced for whatever reason. You can't buy the blue ones, so they'd be replaced with green ones. I don't think we'll ever really know fotr sure though. Unless someone fancies writing to Alfa head office in Milan?

#9 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by spooky:
<strong>This is interesting, cos this has been discussed on here several times in the last 18 months or so, and the outcome has always been that the green has faded. Mines proteo red and only the leaf on the back door is blue! the side skirts are green! Still think its just faded!</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The green ones definately do NOT fade.
The blue ones were made blue.
wink
Apparently the blue cars are sleeved down to 1400cc and only have the four small plugs connected up. They were an economy sport model for the little known right hand drive market of Rombolia where you get taxed heavily on cars over 80bhp.
:p

#11 ·
Sod that. If he gets a hairball it just serves him right for insulting the splendour that is a blue cloverleaf 145.

#13 ·
You guys stop confusing the n00bies! wink

Bazza has an obsession with big brown grizzly creatures, he often imitates Winnie the Pooh, or sometimes Paddington Bear if he is feeling particularly angry.

Dont ask him why... :D :confused:

#15 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by pola bear:
<strong>bears ass..... wha?? whos ass</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, no, no.
BARE ass ----->

:rolleyes:

#16 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ajcarter:
<strong>You guys stop confusing the n00bies! wink

Bazza has an obsession with big brown grizzly creatures, he often imitates Winnie the Pooh, or sometimes Paddington Bear if he is feeling particularly angry.

Dont ask him why... :D :confused: </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't mess with me when I'm angry, I can be vicious. Just ask a marmalade sandwich. wink
Anyway, it's Googles fault, not mine, I didn't know that typing Bazza in would come up with a piccy of a bear, and everything else just stemmed from that. I can't believe how far it's been taken really, there's hundreds of Alfisti around the globe who think I'm a bear. :D

#17 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by bazza:
<strong>sun-tanned ass

:p </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How the hell did that happen, James??

EDIT: Wait.... actually, we don't want to know! wink :D

#18 ·
---avoiding all ass references and arguements---

Ive got blue badges on the rear (ooer) and side of my 98CL - its silver mettalic....... bloody weird if you ask me, but glad to know I havnt been the victim of some previous owner 'kev' who (in XR2 stylee) picked all the green paint off. A mate of mine has just bought a Met red one and its got 1 blue badge on 1 sideskirt..... Theres also a bright red CL here where I work (Leytonstone) with blue badges.........

#19 ·
I was told somewhere that it was down to the badges fading in sunlight. People with blue on only one side or only at the rear are owners of cars which were partially parked in the shade by their previous owners thus some badges faded and others not... wink

That's what I heard anyway! laughing

#21 ·
well my cloverleaf is different to ALL of yours so there!

I have the cloverleaf badge off my old 33 on the wing. It's a good luck thingumy, and I plan to put it on every alfa i ever own. It also looks better than the serpent badge which was there before but fell off (the previous owner put that on, so anyone that knows my car will not be surprised to hear about it coming off).

G
#22 ·
Hi,

I have been worndering the same thing. My 145 CL has a blue badge on the rear, one on the offside and a green one on the drivers side.

I have seen a few other cars on a 97/R plate with the same badges (but not all). I seem to remeber reading some where that it was something to do with eiether a special edition or lucky charm.... Don't ask me where I read it but I thinc that it was in performance car magazine....

But please dont quote me on that!

#23 ·
Hi BritishSaint,

I have nothing to say on the subject of blue cloverleaves, but I just wanted to say hello.

With your registration and with the registration of sainthalo (a non-posting new member) I'm starting to think we should rename this HirondelOwner.com (or depending on your incarnation preference JaguarOwner.com or VolvoOwner.com.) wink :D

If you're a fellow wearer of the halo, there's an international movement to toast our dear Simon on Sept. 10th.

Of course if you have no idea what I'm babbling about, just ignore me. :D I don't think anybody else will know what I am going on about either. :D laughing
--Toronto

(For the record I am usually the master of the on-topic reply, but in this case I just couldn't help myself. I heard the sound of the trumpet calling me to battle, murder and sudden death. :) :D )

#26 ·
Someone nicked it Damian, then a passing good Samaritan replaced it for you that same night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.