Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Is this wear normal on leather seat?

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Stori 
#1 ·
This is a picture of my drivers seat. First time for me having a car with leather seats fitted so I wondered if it's normal for the bit you sit on to look like this as I think it looks a bit baggy! The cars now done 1000 miles and I weight fourteen and three quarter stone. Passenger side is as perfect as the day I picked the car up and has had the missus on it every time I've been out in the car. Granted she's sub 10 stone! :confused:

See less See more
#13 ·
My 166's seats are as good as the day i got her at 18k miles secret is to feed leather with autoglym leather cleaner/ restorer or similar product, can't help with the diet though i am approaching the GT owner entry weight so will need to change cars soon...:)

#15 ·
Make sure you clean and feed leather seats every 3 months. A leather cleaner/feeder from Sainsbury will be fine or you could buy something like gliptones liquid leather cleaner and conditioner.

I love the Alfatex seats in my 156, very comfortable and showing no signs of wear, the joy of a manmade material you can make it better.

#17 ·
After purchased numbers of different brand of leather care products (Megauirs, Autoglym, Eagle 1, Mothers, Zaino, Colonii). Glipstone is best I ever tried by far.

It comes up high gloss in the first 5-10mins then the finish is the mattest I have ever seen. You almost think you didn't apply the product. The absorption is amazing unless most of the product sit on top the leather. It also strink the leather too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.