Alfa Romeo Forum banner

New Toyo Boots on the GT. :D

Tags
boots toyo
1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  GTLeigh 
#1 ·
Hallo,

After much umming and erring I decided on four new Toyo T1-R proxies to replace the original and err treadless Goodyear GSD Eagle Vulcher Falcon things.

In truth I only really needed the fronts but one of the rears had a slow puncture and the other one had a fast puncture, so I thought what the hell.

Anyhoot, turns out it was the right choice! :)

Car is much better in terms of noise levels, white lining and 'feel'.

Its much less 'crashy' over my local rubbish roads, so that is very welcome.

Paid £105 a corner at my local garage but you can probably get them for about a fiver less online.

Chars!

DG

G
#4 ·
Lot of the people on the Irish have not a bad word to say about those Toyo's. One of my friends has them on his 200bhp SiR Integra and has done lots of racing and track days and about 16k miles only begining to hit the wear indicators now haha. I must try them the next time I am on the on the look ou for tyres.

#14 ·
Scuttle - I would describe it as a bit jumpy/skippy when you hit a bump/drain the car seems to skip a bit over it rather than just riding the bump, the Toyo's seem to erradicate this more than the previous Goodyears.

crap explanation but hope it helps :lol:

#10 ·
I have had Toyos a few times only problem I find is that the sidewalls are a bit on the soft side meaning I need a few more PSI to get the same steering response out of them than I would running Michelins or Goodyear, they don't last that well either, about 16k for 4 with rotation if you're lucky, if you do a trackday a lot less whereas the other tyres I've had will do more so whilst Toyos are cheap initially they actually cost much the same as more expensive brands to run.

#11 ·
Getting 4 225/45/17 94Y's on Clare's GT next Saturday. Gone for Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric's, the latest tyre and the decisive winner of the recent Evo 2007 tyre test:cool: Should be quite some combo when we get the Q2 done too:wow:

These guys seem superb. Nothing paid up front and they come to you and lift the cars with an aorbag to avoid the sill damage that us GTers must be aware of (and have often suffered from:mad:).

#12 ·
Gone for Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric's, the latest tyre and the decisive winner of the recent Evo 2007 tyre test:cool:
I got that issue of Evo specifically to read the tyre test, disappointingly Toyo were not included, can't remember why now.
I was interesting to note that their test VW Golf got faster laptimes once they had removed the optional 18" rims and fitted the std smaller rims...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.