Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Seat runners. Are the GT's the same as the 156?

Tags
runners
2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Paddy OPlastic 
#1 ·
Well i have been researching lightweight sports seats. But have come upon a hurdle. Seat runners for aftermarket seats. No one makes them. My original idea was to find some carbon backed sabelt seats from a fiat 500 or even better a rare Alfa mito SBK, as these would fit to my oem seat runners. Thing is the sabelt sports seats once fitted are a lot higher without adjustment than the GT's oem. So again this needs research. The 156 is listed for aftermarket seat frames, are these the same as the GT's?

Damien.

#2 ·
Are you really going to sacrifice some of the most comfortable and supportive seats you're ever going to sit on for the sake of a tenth of a second to 60? If it were a purely track car then I'd understand but it's your daily driver too.

*shakes head*

And while I'm at it, those red whiskers don't do it for me either. :paperbag:

#5 · (Edited)
I agree. The GT's seats are some of the best car seats I have ever sat in. Comfortable, supportive, body-hugging, not exhausting for a long drive, and they look very good too!

You might get a weight saving of about 20 kilograms if you do both front seats. That's not worth the effort, unless you are lightening the whole car for racing, and in that case you'd fit an actual racing seat anyway.
I am normally on your side fella, but have to agree with Paddy and Giorget, keep the stock seats ,they are a really nice balance between sporty and functional, and one of the nicest car seats I have ever sat in..:thumbup:
I respectfully disagree with all 3 of you - I find the GT/higher spec147 seats not very good at all particularly the squab which is far too flat and unsupportive, ironically the lower spec 147 seats (never available in the GT) have a much more supportive squab with bigger side bolsters. The back rests are ok for about an hour after which they become uncomfortable. 147 GTA seats are much much better, but still far from perfect. My opinion is that the best 147/156/GT setas are those fromt he 156 GTA.

Anyway, ALFADOIT wants lighter seats, so any 147 or GT seats arent gonna do it for him, maybe 156 seats which are magnesium framed would (although the electric motors would have to be removed).

Well i have been researching lightweight sports seats. But have come upon a hurdle. Seat runners for aftermarket seats. No one makes them. My original idea was to find some carbon backed sabelt seats from a fiat 500 or even better a rare Alfa mito SBK, as these would fit to my oem seat runners. Thing is the sabelt sports seats once fitted are a lot higher without adjustment than the GT's oem. So again this needs research. The 156 is listed for aftermarket seat frames, are these the same as the GT's?

Damien.
I m pretty sure that the seat mountings are the same for all 147s, 156s and GTs, but maybe a good idea to go to your local scrap yard to confirm it.

Or ask Pud, he d know.

#3 ·
I agree. The GT's seats are some of the best car seats I have ever sat in. Comfortable, supportive, body-hugging, not exhausting for a long drive, and they look very good too!

You might get a weight saving of about 20 kilograms if you do both front seats. That's not worth the effort, unless you are lightening the whole car for racing, and in that case you'd fit an actual racing seat anyway.

#10 ·
Yeah make your mind up Joe..lol.. :biglaugh:

Damien.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.