Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Alfa 159 Gremlins

Tags
gremlins
887 views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Brickman 
#1 ·
I've owned an ex demo 159 2.4 JDTM Sportswagon Lusso since mid Oct '07 which should make me :). Having read the forum I can see my sat nav problem is shared by many. I too have found it to be a worthless piece of kit (sounds like!!!). I've spoken to Alfa and emailed Navteq to see if anything can be done to upgrade the mapping system to include postcodes - negative comment by both. Has anyone cracked the postcode problem? Also I find if I search a town beginning with the letter 'S' - each subsequent letter takes ages to register - upwards of 20 mins to complete the whole word!!!! This is my 1st grip. The 2nd and 3rd are to do with the auto sensors on lights and wipers. The wipers have a mind of their own when raining and the lights take miles to turn off after coming out of a tunnel into bright sunlight, then on really bleak days they don't come on at all. Again does anyone suffer similar problems and have they been successfully rectify. I want to enjoy my Alfa but these problems have really tainted the experience.
Any wise words would be most welcome so I can sort and start to enjoy the Italian passion.;)
Many Thanks
Grasan

#4 ·
welcome to AO :)

No, mine is ex demo and has been (touch wood) free from faults :)

#6 ·
Hello and Welcome !! :)

Post up in the 159 Techie Lounge fella... you'll get a better response there !! ;)

#7 ·
Alfa standard sat nav is fairly poor - that's why I didn't have it. TomTom 910 for me :cool:

Auto wipers can be flakey sometimes. Othertimes they work fine.:rolleyes:

Auto lights pretty poor - I leave my dipped beam on all the time anyway ;) Helps clear slower traffic out of my way ;)

#12 ·
I have an ex demo like you bought Oct 07. No Sat nav, but have to say that the auto lights and wipers have been brill and a real plus on the higher spec alfa .:) I travel through a tunnel on the commute to work each day. It always takes about 300yds to shut off steping down through side lights which took a while to get used to. I guess this is not just an issue of adjusting the sensitivity through the setup??
Hope you get things sorted. Welcome:xmas:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.