Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Alfa Romeo 156 Badge

598 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  dgmayhead 
#1 ·
Silly question, so sorry but I have a wonky 156 badge on the back of my Sportwagon (bugging the life out of me!!), so bought a new one. Before I even start to remove the old one any suggestions as to how best to remove the wonky one, just don't want to mess it up. Sorry to ask and thanks!

#2 ·
Specifiy which phase model of the Sportwagon it is.

If it's Phase 1, it will have the moveable badge with the keyhole underneath it.
If it's Phase 2 or 3 it will have a fixed badge with no keyhole in the tailgate anywhere. (Phase 2 and 3 badges may also differ from each other subtly - the fixing points do differ.)

#8 · (Edited)
I removed mine after the 1 and the j fell off. The rest easily came off with a kitchen pallet knife. Polished where they had been and all looks neat and tidy. Looks better with out.

Edit: Sounds a bit slapdash but a very thin blade used as a lever shouldn't damage the paint. My badges came off very easily with zero damage to the paint. Before you replace just admire the car without badges. I think it looks better. But then again it said jtdm mot gta.

#9 ·
Nylon Fishing line ... Slices through the sticky adhesive tape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.