Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Sportwagon suspension woes

Tags
woes
539 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  adrianos 
#1 ·
My 2.4JTD Mjet suspension sucks! The front seems over-damped and is rock hard, feeling even the smallest hole in the road, whilst the rear seems to have sagged markedly. I don't think it has self-levelling at the back. The rear ride height is much lower than the front and both rear, especially the near side, appears to have significant negative camber and is starting to wear the new tyres out. Well over 100k miles so assume needing an all round suspension refresh. I don't really want to lose ride height as being a heavy old lump, it'll probably ground even more. Any suggestions for best solution. Sorry to bring this subject up again, just hoping for someone to help that's been and done this successfully.:depressed:

#3 ·
Sounds like the rear is on sagging Nivomats, the standard (static) shocks and springs don't sag noticeably.

So as a starting point, you need springs, shocks and top mounts, saloon ones will do unless you use the car as a load lugger. I would reassess your feelings on the front suspension once you've got the back end sorted, as the back can affect how the front feels.

#6 ·
Ok thanks for the info. Have seen these for starters on ebay. Any opinions welcome. What springs would be the best to go for to maintain ride height... I'm not really wanting to lower it at all. Would it be wise also to renew all the rear links inc drop links?:depressed:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.