Alfa Romeo Forum banner

GTV 2.0TS Oil Top Up

Tags
20ts oil top
2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  symon 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I was hoping you could help me out. I've just been looking in my owners manual to find what grade of engine oil i need for my 2.0 TS GTV... Its a Phase 2 (2002) model. It doesn't seem to say and i cant find a direct answer on the forum?

Thanks alot :D

#8 ·
10 W 40 semi is good for normal use, I think the Fuchs option is very high standard and use that in one twinny.

I ran another twinny on magnatec but it lost a big end shortly after an oil change, this was due to either the oil or the oil filter imo. So each to their own but I use the Fuchs now.

5 W 40 fulling synth only really needed if you're going to drive it at high RPM, it will allow more flow per minute through the big end shells because its thinner, but you dont need this for your daily commute.

#11 ·
Watch out for the stupid sump/sumpplug if you're doing the work. I've just changed my oil and lost half my threads... Hopefully it will not leak (and more importantly not strip out and lose all oil while driving :().

#14 ·
A 5w-40 will reduce cold start wear also, due to its better flow when cold.

I use it all year round for general driving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.