Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Adjustable shocks ?

844 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  djstanley 
#1 ·
Hi People..

I had a set of 205/50/16 tyres on my 155 widebody, and now i got a new toyo proxes T1R's 205/45/16 round the black speedlines. The car still has its original shocks and springs. When i first looked at the car with the new set of tyres, the first thing that came into my mind was...'oh no...it looks pretty high!' Cause the profile decreased therefore there is more space between tyre and mudguard. So now im thinking of lowering the car slightly, but i have a big problem. I have a basement and the car goes down exactly with no clearance. What about fitting adjustable shocks ? Or adjusting them is a big hassle? And if you get an adjustable set, will it be able to have the car as it is right now (Being set like the original shocks+springs)or it will be lower even if set at its highest point possible? I found these on ebay...what you think?

KONI SUSPENSION KIT ALFA 155 ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS+SPRING on eBay, also Suspension Components, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 15-Dec-07 10:38:15 GMT)

Thanks for your advice.

James

#3 ·
i see...i was wrong there then! sorry. Will i find adjustables for height for 155 though? i guess they will be very expensive. You said its a hassle to change their height, does that include the removal of tyres prior to change the height? i guess so. I will lower it on saturday morning, and put it back to normal height on sunday evening :)

#4 ·
FK and H&R do coilovers for the 155, they allow height adjustment but it's not that straight forward a task to adjust them and would certainly require you to remove the wheels if not the whole strut..... plus they're not cheap.... aluminium ramps to reduce the gradient into the basement possible ??? :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.