Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Hi alfisti

Tags
alfisti
1K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  Jed 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, just thought I'd say hello. I'm Al from Manchester and am just about to take the plunge with my first ever Alfa :cool:

I've been a fan ever since 1990 when my then girlfriend's dad let me drive his Alfa Sprint Cloverleaf, I've been smitten ever since but due to limited choice of company cars I've always had dull cars until the last couple of years when I've owned my own car and had a 2 litre Focus which has been a reasonably fun car

Anyway, I've decided it's finally time to buy an Alfa so am taking delivery of a 7 month old 156 2.0 JTS Veloce next Friday, absolutely cannot wait! :D I've gone for an upgrade to 17" TI alloys, should look sensational...

Anyone else on here got the JTS Veloce? (daft question really!) Any comments much appreciated.... :)

#2 ·
Welcome to AO Al, please post some pics as soon as humanly possible. :cool:

#8 ·
Welcome mate. I know you can't wait to get the car. I know excatly how you feel.

Think of the car when you sleep, eat drink, !!!!... :lol: I'm sure many of us feel the same when knowing your 'dream' car is about to come. Did you test drive the car b4? Anyway best of luck and show us the picture please. 17' alloys ;) wat size tyres?

#9 ·
Buck Bundy said:
B680 DGF if I remember rightly! (Remember? Pah! Got the photo in front of me! :D )

So I didn't put you off Alfa's by boring you sh!tless then? ;)

Good Luck Al, have you got it yet, or is it next Friday?

Buck

Must dig out that photo with the Alfa & the old girlfriend, still got it somewhere ;) She was absolutely sublimely beautiful, and the girlfriend wasn't so shabby either :lol:

Getting it this Friday 4th, the day before my wedding anniversary - little does the wife know a romantic dinner has been consigned to the dustbin in favour of hurtling around country roads at 7000rpm all weekend :D

#10 ·
AlfaJuliet said:
Welcome mate. I know you can't wait to get the car. I know excatly how you feel.

Think of the car when you sleep, eat drink, !!!!... :lol: I'm sure many of us feel the same when knowing your 'dream' car is about to come. Did you test drive the car b4? Anyway best of luck and show us the picture please. 17' alloys ;) wat size tyres?

Cheers AJ, the sleepless nights have already set in - only 4 more left thankfully :cool: I haven't test-driven the actual one I'm getting, it's an Alfa UK one so has to be delivered from wherever it's been for the last 7 months. I've tested a couple of 2.0 JTS veloces though, the last one unaccompanied by anyone from the garage which was nice, got to push it quite hard without anybody watching over my shoulder. Have to say I was very impressed, effortless smooth power and sporty handling which I like. Brakes weren't the best though but maybe I'll get used to that.

Tyres are 215/45/ZR17's if I remember rightly, Yokohamas according to Craig at Mangoletsi

#11 ·
ACAPULCO AL said:
Getting it this Friday 4th, the day before my wedding anniversary - little does the wife know a romantic dinner has been consigned to the dustbin in favour of hurtling around country roads at 7000rpm all weekend :D
Well that answerwed one of the questions from my PM!

You could always take her out to dinner? Somewhere far away at the end of some sublime driving roads. :p

Buck

#12 ·
Well I'm now on my third day of Alfa ownership and have yet to encounter any problems, so far so good :lol: I've been frustrated though, I've done about 300 miles in it and it's been tipping down with rain for every one of them so I'm eagerly awaiting a dry day so I can go and give it some welly out on the B-roads :rant:

Very impressed with it so far, as are the neighbours. I now apparently have the 2nd sexiest car on my road, after the guy with the SL55 AMG but maybe he'll move house sometime soon :cool:

I'll post some pictures as soon as it stops raining, hopefully around next February/March

#14 ·
ACAPULCO AL said:
Update - I've now had it 3 and a half days and the boot has decided it's not going to open for love nor money. Is this all part of my baptism into Alfa ownership? :confused:
Got the boot sorted, and finally found the time & weather to take some photos - so here's the new love of my life.... :D

#19 ·
Buck Bundy said:
You never said it was going to be black! Now I am smitten! :eek:

It'll take some cleaning, though! :p At least there isn't much wheel to wash! :rolleyes:

What was up with the boot then?

Buck

It's not black it's Lipari Grey :rolleyes: My last 2 cars have been black and they are indeed a bugger to keep clean so I thought I'd go about half a shade lighter this time so I only need to wash it once a week instead of twice :D As for the boot the catch was broken and Mangoletsi fitted a new one in 20 minutes. Good job I didn't have any beer stuck in there! Going over to Anglesey in a week or two - can't wait to throw it round cliff bends, I might even take the turn off the Cemaes Bay Road toward Bodedern and see if the skid marks are still there from where you oh-so-very-nearly lost it in your dad's MG Metro all those years ago :D

#20 ·
Welcome indeed. Very, very nice 156! Treat her right ;) :D

#22 ·
ACAPULCO AL said:
It's not black it's Lipari Grey :rolleyes: My last 2 cars have been black and they are indeed a bugger to keep clean so I thought I'd go about half a shade lighter this time so I only need to wash it once a week instead of twice :D As for the boot the catch was broken and Mangoletsi fitted a new one in 20 minutes. Good job I didn't have any beer stuck in there! Going over to Anglesey in a week or two - can't wait to throw it round cliff bends, I might even take the turn off the Cemaes Bay Road toward Bodedern and see if the skid marks are still there from where you oh-so-very-nearly lost it in your dad's MG Metro all those years ago :D
What's in a shade? I call my 146 red but it's actually about 3 different shades of pink! :rolleyes:

I think the skid marks have gone, but if you carry on through Bodedern and take a right onto the backroad to Bryngwran, you might just spot the whole in the stone wall I made with a 33 Permanent 4!

Buck

#23 ·
I'll look out for it, just like the big whole in the wall near South Stack where a certain kebab shop owner's Passat met it's maker :D Ben Hur wheels :cheese: I'm still at the over-cautious-bordering-on-paranoia stage with my 156, I've got used to driving it and have had a couple of dry days to "explore its limitations" a little and have thoroughly enjoyed every bit but I'm dreading scratching it or clipping a wing-mirror etc etc, it's being molly-coddled like you wouldn't believe. When the missus goes out in it I stare longingly out of the window watching it go and waiting for it to come back unharmed :D Is this normal alfista behaviour? :confused:

#24 ·
Welcome to AO Al :)

Yes you are normal (for an Alfisti) :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.