Alfa Romeo Forum banner

New Blackline 1.8!

Tags
blackline
1K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  Neal 
#1 ·
Hiya folks!
Just wanted to share the love. One year ago my grief-giving 156 - in and out of the garage for a year - was keyed on every panel save the bonnet and boot. £1200 and 5 years no-claims lost later, I finally (and somewhat reluctantly) pulled the plug on Alfa and bought a 'sensible' car. If it wasn't breaking down it was vandalised by small minded fools and I had had enough. I vowed my head would rule my motoring heart from now on...

...so you 'll be pleased to know just this afternoon I paid a deposit on my new GT 1.8 Blackline!!!!

Heh! She arrive in December and I cannot wait! I know it sounds such a cliche, but as you know, once you've owned an Alfa there's no going back.

A thirty minute, unaccompanied testdrive around Nottingham today was the most joyous, feel-good motoring I've had in a year!

On a side note Chris Variava - the dealership - had seven Blackline 1.8s allocated. They were advertised locally last week. Five were sold yesterday, I got mine today, leaving one unsold in 48 hours. Great to see confidence in Alfa growing.

Cheers folks - might seem like pointless post of the year, but I can't stop grinning and wanted to share!
Neal

See less See more
#7 ·
Hello and Welcome !! :)

#10 ·
Welcome to AO :)

#14 ·
FG

I'd rate the 147 highly - and the JTDm 16v engine is a cracker. Boot space is limited (still got family of 4 into one for a week with "flight cases" last year though) and rear visibility is impaired by a useless wiper and high seat line, but that is it. Definitely get the 5 door if you can. Oh, and go for any alloys except the darned multispoke which are the devil's own mother to clean...

so, if it is couple or just you that will be in it most of the time, the 147 is not a compromise, but a great choice that you will be delighted to own each time you nail that perfect series of S bends on the way home.

(and now, available 6m old with Q2 differential as well)

Prices: Bargains available. I paid under £11k for mine (met, full veloce trim, leather, etc) with 17,000 miles and one owner (apparently ex-FIAT Company Fleet). All service recalls were done, extra service completed for free, fully valeted, delivered with full tank and with new tyres. Have seen brand new delivery mileage examples at £4k+ off list as well, but it took me about 12 weeks to find the one I wanted (Red. Non negotiable colour as far as wife is concerned)

#22 ·
Congrats on your purchase Neal :)

:rolleyes: what Vauxhall engines are they then?

#27 ·
Well, I've finally gotten round to posting a few pictures of my new GT Blackline. Will pass the 1000 mile mark tomorrow on my way back from work and I have to say it's been the most fun, feelgood 1000 miles i've ever driven. Hitting a respectable 34mpg for a 1.8, getting admiring looks all round, and umpteen A3 drivers trying to muscle me off the road! Heh, doesn't get any better than this!

Anyone even considering for one second getting a GT... do it - you know it makes sense!

Cheers all...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.