new member with a real barn find

Tags
barn find real
1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Bru72 
#1 ·
hi,
my budy and me have just acquired an Alfa romeo ti 1.5 QV in red

its a 1980 model and has been dry stored since 1989;

after retrieving her and giving her a quick clean we fitted a new battery and put some petrol through the pump and she fired up first go.

I have joined your club to try and find out what we have.

after checking the register of model and chassis numbers whe are unsure what she really is

chassis number. ZAS901G50-05055788
its a boot model not a hatch, it has silver cloverleaf on the rear quarters, it is in mint condition and appears to have been diped in waxoil before being garaged.

any info greatly received
thanks
ian

Attachments

See less See more
G
#7 ·
Welcome To‵⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫.
`⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫
..✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫
☻/ღ˚ •。* ♥♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★
/▌*˛˚ ░A░L░F░A░ - ░O░W░N░E░R░ ˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★

#9 ·
Now for SALE

hi all, thanks for the welcome. I am posting this here so that all you members who have followed this posting will see it first. I know and will also post to the for sale section.

as you know, my buddy and me acquired an Alfa Romeo Ti 1.5. 1980

after spending the last seven days checking her over and running her back up to speed I have to say she's a beautiful little car. she drives fantastically well, like new in fact. sounds wonderfully. every part of her works.

but after agonising with my mate, we have decided to sell her on, hopefully to someone who wants and appreciates her for what she is. I believe with minimal work she would waltz through her MOT, yes she has faults, she will need tyres as she has been on these for near on 30 years. she HAS been re-sprayed at the beginning of her life (we have the original bill) we think it was done through Alfa. we have all the MOT certificate's since she was 3 years old, loads of bills for servicing, the original owners book's a Alfa Romeo original workshop manual. all the keys. the interior is really like new. and if we had the time and space we would keep her and take her to shows. but I think someone will get more use and enjoyment out of her.

we are looking for offers around £5,300.00, she has 61.000 miles on the clock. confirmed by the MOT certificates. she has been garaged since 1993, so about 5,000 mile per year whilst she was on the road.

we have all docs related to the car and loads of photos, (see below) if you want any specific pictures of different parts of the car just ask.

if there is no interest on this forum we will have to pass her onto ebay. any viewing just ask. the car is in Darlington, county Durham.

we will be sad to see her go.

cheers
ian

#13 ·
reply from Marco Fazio

Dear Mister Lavin,

with reference to your request we are informing you as follows.

According to our documentation files, the chassis number ZAS 901G0005055788 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo Alfasud TI RHD, manufactured on the 29th April 1980 and sold on the 15th September 1980 in UK.

The body colour is Alfa red with grey (“grigio spigato”) cloth interiors.

Yours, Sincerely,
Marco Fazio

Worldwide Alfa Romeo Owners Clubs mgr.

and

Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo mgr.

Tel. +39 02 444 29 115
Mob. +39 334 629 53 81
Fax +39 02 444 28 152

marco.fazio@alfaromeo.com
Centro Direzionale
Viale Alfa Romeo
20020 Arese (MI) Italy

#14 ·
sorry

sorry to all members, I made the rookie mistake of posting this car on the newbie section, before the for sale section. I now understand that I cannot advertise this car for sale on here until I have been a member for 14 days and made at least 10 posts. so off to ebay it is.

so admin please feel free to remove this post and sorry to any members who have seen it already.

cheers
ian

#15 ·
now for sale.

Hi all,
This little beauty is now for sale, we have the V5 in our name now.
And after looking around the net, these cars seem to be in the £7k to 9k region.

As stated before, this is a true barn find. Garaged since 1989. Was covered in wax oil to prevent rusting. So there is some very minor surface rust.

We are asking for offers over £4,000.00

It won't take much to see this little beauty on the road.

Message to administration. If this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it, as I don't know how to.

The car is in darlington. Just off A1 scotch corner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.