Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Sprint Electrical Gremlins

941 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  johnpm1967 
#1 ·
Back again ! last two questions !

1) I have three for the four front head lights working but no power to one high beam light ? anyone come across this below ?

2) my warning/hazard lights are working int he front but not the back, anyone had this ?

I have had a hunt around and seen lots of posts about annoying electrical faults but nothing like this? I think its two separate issues though.

Any help would be great !

Cheers

#4 ·
I think you need to get the test meter out for both of your problems and test where you have voltage and where you don't. Fortunately you have one working and one not for each issue - so you can check how things should be and chase up and down the line to see where the problem is. Oddly I think that both could be earthing problems - I presume you have checked the bulbs and their seating in the bulb holders etc. It doesn't sound like a relay for the rear hazards - but it could be a dry multi-plug connector. You really need to get the test meter out and see what has power on the circuit that is working correctly and chase up and down the line to find where the issue / disconnect / breakage / bad earth is.

#5 ·
Great thanks for that, oddly enough the hazards have come back on ! so probably a loose earth some where. I did get the circuit tester out on the front head light and there appears to be no power coming to that bulb....randomly enough now the other bulb has stopped working on low but is working on high ...

#6 ·
Hmm.... sounds like some loose connections to me. Normally in the junction boxes or the wires that feed into them. Check where you have power to when something doesn't work, often it will drop out in or either side of a connection block. Clearly this is not always easy if the the item is not working, but if you have a comparable item, so light on the opposite side, check back through the loom to pins in the connection boxes and follow the wires upwards, they normally have the same source, similarly check the earths, cables can 'rot out' where the earth wire joins to the body or where ever.

#7 ·
All good advice above, I have had issues on my sons 33, often two at once confusing things. Get the wiring diagram out (haynes has it for sprint) so you know what goes were and what is connected to what. Eg I recently had a funny where hazards and fan and brake lights all had an issue and seemed to be connected. It was the fuse was loose so if more than circuit was wanted resistance was too high at fuse and so none worked.
Also headlights have done the same with poor connections. Good luck it takes patient a test lamp and mulitmeter but once done that issue will go ready for the next. Remember 98%of Alfas are still on the road. But that is because only 2% made it home.:irked:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.