Alfa Romeo Forum banner

To buy or not to buy

Tags
buy
563 views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Gentari 
#1 ·
Hi. I went to look at a 2000W Spider last night. I've wanted one for a while and along the way I seem to have been put off buying one by everyone and his dog... I'm trying hard not to listen as I love the car but now it's crunch time and I've seen one I can afford, in the colour I want I'm not sure what to do.

Any comments about the Spider gratefully accepted!!

#2 ·
Buy !! :D

Hello and Welcome !! :)

PS Check for full service history and cambelt changes !! ;)

#4 ·
You will get accustomed to people sucking in breath/sucking their teeth when you mention Alfa !! :rolleyes: ;)

Well Alfa's current thinking is 36k !! ;)

Post or search the in the spider techie lounge as you'll get better answers/a better response to your questions/queries !! ;)

#9 ·
You MUST buy on condition and history rather than price!!! :)

Good luck with the search and ask any q's you have! :D Welcome to AO!:cool:

G
#13 ·
Hi,

Before I got my 156 I was told by the world and its mother not to get one because it would break down on me every day.

I have had the car for around 2 months or so now without a glitch and still going strong.

Alfa make very rewarding cars and if you buy one that has obviously been loved by its previous owner you can carry that on and get MANY happy years of motoring out of it.

They are brilliant cars and if you buy one you won't be disappointed.

Good luck!
Darren

#14 ·
Thanks... I was trying to look at condition rather than price. The one I looked was quoted as "stunning condition" but it did have a few scratches here and there and I don't think it had been loved. Plus it had only done 45k which made me think it should've been loved more... Perhaps this isn't just the one for me but finding a black one seems to be pretty difficult!

#15 ·
Don't be put off by mileage. Mechanical soundness is what you're looking for.
Suspension, service schedules, pumps, belts, wheel bearings all need to be in A1 condition or changed recently. :)
Mine has 67k miles and is a good as ever. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.