Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Boot Badge Greaser

Tags
boot greaser
1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Moosecaledonia 
G
#1 ·
Hey guy's,

Today I felt the rear Alfa Romeo badge on the trunk of my 156 and though it felt a little loose, like it was swaying a bit.

It wasn't. In actual fact I realized it slides out to reveal the manual key entry for the boot. Fair enough. BUT, It is VERY stiff and extremely hard to slide open. I don't think it's ever been used to be honest and through not being used has seized up a bit.

What's the best thing to use to make it more smooth when sliding out? Grease of some sort I was thinking, or maybe WD40 would be best?

Any advice is appreciated as always.

Cheers,
Darren

#2 ·
Try WD40 to start with

G
#6 ·
JMG, on your boot you should have an Alfa Romeo badge, this should slide out and up toward the right and reveal an external manual lock for undoing the boot.

Only just noticed mine so don't feel to bad, lol

My car's a 156 though, not totally sure about the 147, but Zulu is pretty much always bang on the mark with what he says so you should have one.

Cheers,
Darren

G
#8 ·
Early model 147s have the same swivel badge.
They removed them on later models.

I'd use a silicone grease as ZF said.

WD40 is not a good longterm lube
as it is too thin and tends to thin out
any existing grease too.

;)

G
#11 ·
I'm not sure of the year changes in them, but on a 2002 plate it should swivel fairly easily I should imagine still. It should slide toward the right and upward.

If it doesn't then stop trying to swivel as you don't want to break it off, lol

Cheers,
Darren

#15 ·
Before i ripped the badge off my boot, I checked behind the liner of my boot lid for a locking mechanism, there was nowt there! So that's that. It does seem to be a handy thing to have though. I have a 53 plate facelift 156 jts Veloce

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.