Alfa Romeo Forum banner

I just found my cup-holders!

18K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  Greener123 
#1 ·
Had my 159 for a few months now, and only just found the cup-holders! Was puzzled why there only seemed to be one cup-holder which I could only use if I wasn't powering anything from the 12V socket. Now I just have to find the double-joint in my left elbow :rolleyes:

#5 ·
I think the ones under the arm rest are not really cup holders, but part of a "chiller" function.
There is a switch in there where, if you turn it on, it directs cold air from the air con into the compartment under the armrest. Put your cans of coke or what ever in there and hey presto, they are kept cool.

#8 ·
I worked with an Italian company, the look of horror on their faces when they were given a cup of Nescafe in a styrofoam cup at one customers was classic! :lol:

#10 ·
Oh, maybe I haven't found new cupholders, maybe I found a Coke chiller cabinet. With the top open it does hold my travel coffee mug with a pint of cappuccino. In Italy, isn't Cappuccino just a breakfast drink? Maybe that's where I'm going wrong.

#12 ·
Yes chiller cabinet under the arm rest and it works surprisingly well.
Im sat here on the works computer so going from memory (which aint that good) and I dont think the Spider has a cup holder, not an issue to me as Ive never used one in previous cars anyway.

#25 ·
The 156 has no cupholders whatsoever.

I always say it's because the car is made for driving, it's not a café.

When I get a take-away meal including a drink once in a while, I just ask them for one of those cardboard things that holds four drinks. Put this on the passenger seat and it holds the drink securely enough for gentle cornering and braking. Or just have a gimballed cup holder like dom1nion :D

#26 ·
All the Spider has is space for 2 cans within the armrest.
Never used it for that purpose, the sunglasses and car park change sit in there.

#30 ·
As an "ex" 159 owner, did you know that the arm rest lid also slides forward? the nearside door mirror dips when you select reverse gear (if the nearside mirror is selected and you have memory seats) the front half of the seat squab slides forward (Ti only?) there are a few hidden features on the 159's including hard to find cup holders.

#31 ·
Where are the hard to find cup holders?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.