Alfa Romeo Forum banner

159 2.4 20V Aux Belt replacement

Tags
20v aux
1K views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  rich201060 
#1 ·
Guys I have read and re-read every thread I can on this subject but still none the wiser!

Could someone give me a quick step-by-step on replacement of the aux belt(s) on the 2.4 20V?

I have changed the belt and idler on my 1.9 GT before but I hear the tensioner setup is different on these. I've inspected it from the wheelarch but there seems to be very low clearance and I'm unsure about whether the tensioner is autosprung like the 1.9 which has to be slackened before removing the belt? I do have the smaller belt, too, although I hear it's a complete nightmare to change so if I can get away with just changing the first belt I'll be happy enough!

Thanks
Chris

G
#2 ·
Hi,

I removed mine when I did my cam belt, if it's the same as the brera there's a 30mm hex bolt if you can get a spanner on this it's the tensioner, swing on this and it's easy to remove. I would remove as much of the plastic arch and under tray and you see. I left the small belt that looked a nightmare to do .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.