Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Brera S specs

Tags
specs
2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  cue2 
#1 ·
Evening.

I really tried to search...

Question: Did Brera S come with different specs?

The one I am looking to maybe buy (2008 2.2) is pretty low spec (no leather dash, no electric seats, no Bi-xenons, no Blue and Me). May there be others out there with better specs?

All the best

Stefan

#3 ·
From the original brochure - the S came with no Blue and Me or the SV roof blind (even though it is still a glass roof). These were not even an option. The leather dash was an option on the 2.2 and standard on the 3.2.

#4 ·
Are you sure what you are looking at is a genuine Prodrive S and not a badged car, for starters only came in 3 colours red, black, grey any other colour it is not a Prodrive, Prodrive mud flats could be fitted on any car so thats an easy one to rule out but the rear exhaust shape is a sign again you could argue that could be fitted, however the instrument pointers in a Prodrive are illuminated red I dont think non Prodrives were, off course you have the inserts in the front car seats, aluminium pedals, brembo brake calipers and Eibach springs and finally the lighter alloys and dropped suspension approx 10mm if you have all these then you are looking at a genuine S, like the other member says leather dash was standard on 3.2 but only an option on 2.2 as for radio I can say the standard pack and even the Bose upgrade they offered is poor go to any proper car audio dealer and they dont recommend bose the tin pot speakers at the back of the seats are a waste of time you are better to upgrade yourself concentrate on replacing the standard speakers in the doors and dash dont bother with the ones behind disconnect which are all again poor quality, I replaced my door and dash with a set of Alpines in the door whilst maintaining all original grills and in the dash and a Kenwood DAB there are many threads on this forum about how poor radio reception is in standard cars the answer upgrade to a decent DAB set forget about aerial upgrades etc. I also added a 10" subwoofer in the boot powered by an Amp leaving the head unit to drive the front and door speakers and you would not believe the change again any new DAB headset with CD has blue tooth and a port for ipod etc. So I would not look at the car and purchase based on AR factory sound system extras these can be added yourself look for a car that is genuine and not been thrashed or played about with I was thinking of a engine remap but reading between the lines I dont think it is worth the risk and hassle of playing about with for arguable gain as a member said treat the 2.2 as a tourer if you are looking for a sports car then the Brera 2.2 Prodriive is not the car and even the V6 is not the car in this respect , some argue the handling in the 2.2 is better in any case as less weight. Hope my advice helps you.

#5 ·
Many thanks! I will look for those things. I am quite sure it is a proper S. I currently drive a Brera 1750 TI which basically is a S with extra everything. I think the dash and meters looked just like mine.

I must say the factory BOSE with sub-woofer is good enough for me. The stereo we had in a very basic 159 was truly awful though.

What I'd really like is a stereo that can stream music; no cables! Do u know of any?

#7 ·
What I'd really like is a stereo that can stream music; no cables! Do u know of any?
If you thread search back to circa 2006-2008 then quite a few people on here
swapped out the base HU or Nav unit for a pioneer iirc.

It should be easy enough to do (no B&M to deal with on the "S") and probably
a hell of a lot cheaper now.

ARUK was meager with the options on the S.

The Europe only Ti, as you well know, was pretty fully loaded and had
all the tweaks that had been made through the lifespan of the model.
Including uprated suspension that was based on Prodrives tweaks iirc.

Alfa Romeo Brera S Prodrive news - A rarer Brera - 2008 - BBC Top Gear

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/motoring/road-tests/alfa-romeo-brera-s-1522270.html

#6 · (Edited)
No I dont sorry, any credible audio car supplier will point you in the right direction, as for the dials the correct term is sportive dial instrumentation and there was also a front stone deflector on Prodrive cars, I forgot to mention also with each Prodrive there was a hardback book detailing the specs with a metal S on the front cover like you find on the car rear pillar and a numbered certificate, that said not all cars were issued with certificates when bought from the dealers, AR dealers been AR dealers made a hash of that, some first owners were issued them, some finding out later tried and some successfully reissued certs, my car is without I have infact purchased 2 of the books out of interest on Ebay for not much money as they come up fro time to time whilst nice to have if you are looking to put miles on the car and enjoy the car for what it is, having a piece of paper is not going to make the driving experience any better unless you intend to look for really low mileage, and wrap the car up in cotton wool and hope to make a gain when selling it then the paperwork is nice to have, mine I like so much I intend to keep the 2.2 and buy another maybe the S V6, as I really dont see what is currently on the market either in terms of modern cars new or second hand that would come close to beating the Brera for looks even after all the years since first launch for under £15K, as Clarkson said Cameron Diaz on wheels and who can argue with that, OK maybe a coxter S for sports performance, reliability but the Brera is not a purist sports car and the Germanic looks are questionable and starting to look a bit dated now, so future Brera residuals do not come into it for myself but each to your own, if you are serious about a Prodrive S I would recommend you visit first the lads website in Birmingham who I believe have been dealing with used AR for over 20yrs, always have a nice selection and fair pricing and they would give you a fair trade in, company called Second City Motors, I went over to look at a black standard Brera came away with a red Prodrive S and that was not some pushy sales guy it was just a big difference in the two cars for not alot more $ to be frank, I perhaps caught them right after Xmas on a cold wet day in January when the car trade dips so maybe that helped me get a good deal as I not seen one for what I paid for mine since, anyway like I say they always have a nice selection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.