Alfa Romeo Forum banner

wiring under seats

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Yorkshirekeith 
#1 ·
Hi does anyone know where the wires under the driver seat and passenger go to,since i got the car the seat belt light comes on and dosen't go off when you plug the belt,there are air bags in the side of the seats and if these wires are not connected then there is no chance of these working which is a bit of a worry.It makes me wonder tha maybe there is something missing from under these seats, maybe a box that all the wires plug into???

#2 ·
Front what I remember there are two sets of wires which connect directly into the seat using different coloured connectors.

If you have unconnected wires this maybe the issue. Remember before touching anything to do with the airbags, disconnect the battery first!

#3 ·
The air bag system wiring will have a yellow covering and yellow connectors.

#5 ·
depending what year your car is the seat belt light has nothing to do with the seats or the seat belts in the 156 as far as I know. it should come on and then go off whether you put your belt on or not, it's just a basic timer and is only meant as a reminder so the wiring under the seat won't affect it. if yours is a facelift interior this might be different however I've never had one of them.

#8 ·
Don't think a '99 156 came with side airbags. Sounds like later seats in earlier car.

Mine has unused cables as I think electric powered Recaros were an option, possibly heated leather in SportPack 3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.