Alfa Romeo Forum banner

3.2 v6 Brera WANTED!

Tags
2K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  bucketbot 
#1 ·
Hi, I am currently looking for a 3.2 litre red brera for sale, no more than 65k mileage, and good condition! I've looked all over internet and one or two have caught my eye but are too far away to travel as they are up in Scotland. I am in Essex and I'm willing to travel a little over 100 miles roughly, any available?
Many thanks, Danny.

#7 ·
That's a lot of car for the money.
Incredibly cheap these days.

#4 ·
It looks good, they're the alloys I'm after too, I bought a 2.2 in September , I drove a v6 fully loaded with sat nav (which drove me nuts) and the car was about a grand cheaper but was high milage and I had a few thoughts and clues that it's been thrashed

#5 ·
The good thing is i know the 3.2 Brera like most now, very well. So i know what to check on them, as someone that hasn't yet owns one would be buying the car blind ( so to speak ).

So i can give a good verdict ( if he gets to read this ), & if he want the car, he can travels to Manchester from Essex on the train, then a short tram ride to where the cars at. When arriving at the tram station it's a 2 minute walk, you can see the dealers place from the tram station

#6 ·
im selling my V6 brera S prodrive. with 35k on the clock, its in black. its cat d though. have alot of pictures of the car in its damaged state and during the repair process. so when i say it was light panel damage you dont have to take my word for it. been a member here for a few years and owned a lot of alfas. Im in west sussex.

worth driving and viewing as many as you can though.

was gonna put it in the classified on here, just need to give it a clean and a good polish.

#10 ·
57,000 miles mine has, and more owners too. But the Brera is worth more to me than £6,500, what could i buy car wise, which i would love & enjoy more than the Brera for that sum of cash? My answer is nothing, as i would have sold it long ago.

The last owner must have paid alot for it back when they bought it, not to metion tax disc money over years & main stealer sevice charges, so i pressume they have moved on to a better car (newer not better ) or the cash was needed for a deposit on a house.

I don't like Red cars, but a Q4 that good for that price would probably change my view

#12 ·
57,000 miles mine has, and more owners too. But the Brera is worth more to me than £6,500, what could i buy car wise, which i would love & enjoy more than the Brera for that sum of cash? My answer is nothing, as i would have sold it long ago.

I don't like Red cars, but a Q4 that good for that price would probably change my view
Sorry, I thought yours had done 90k+ miles for some reason.
And I know what you mean about it being worth more to you :thumbs:.

Red's the colour most closely associated with Alfas historically, a great colour, but each to their own :).

Recently bought this one, manged to get the price down a tad too!

Used Alfa Romeo Brera Hatchback in Lymington, Hampshire | Hills Of Lymington

Loving it so far! :cool:
Lovely motor, great choice :thumbs:.

#14 ·
Great choice getting the 3.2 V6, and that love won't wear off in a hurry. My car thrills me everytime i get in it. Even the strong smell of frau leather when first opening the door can set the brain off into gear with a proud smile :)

I give £8,000 for mine 2 year ago with 49,500 on the clock

#13 ·
My eagle eye has been at it on this one

photo 3, if zoomed in, i can see a yellow/orange warning symbol on the read-out display
Photo 4 rear boot badge needed
Photo 5 looks like a touched up scrape on the lower rear bumper, near rear alloy & possible rear light cluster steamed up, a new one could be on the cards
Photo 7 passenger side steamed front headlight possible new one needed
Photo 9 rear brakes/callipers need a refurb
Photo 11 grey leather on seats looks mankey they need a good scrub, also black paint on inner door piller suggest's possible had a blow-over in red
Photo 14, 15 green mold trapped behind door hindge's and more evidence of a re-spray, black inner door sills again.

Looks like there could be some hidden horrors about it after all. Only veiwing the car can confirm all my suspicions though :)

#15 ·
I'll have to take you with me when I go hunting for my next car, I'm bound to get a grand off with your eyes on the case :thumbs::lol:.

Even the strong smell of frau leather when first opening the door can set the brain off into gear with a proud smile :)
I thought yours had standard leather, not Frau. Wasn't Frau only in the later cars?

#19 · (Edited)
Nobody who has seen the car has failed to be impressed by it!
In my opinion its as much Art as Mechanics! A genuine thing of beauty! ;)

Also with the Genuine Alfa performance exhaust fitted to it which the dealer informed me adds an extra 10BHP it even sounds as good as the Harley!:cheese:

Couldn't resist the pic! :)

Attachments

#21 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, thanks for getting back to me!
I've actually found a brera that I'm going to buy, it's a red 3.2, it's got everything I've wanted on accessories and more, I wasn't looking for satnav built in particularly and heated seats but it's got that as well, got everything on it, 56k miles, it's in Scotland, been taken off the market now I've put a deposit on it, the bloke wants £6.8k and it's in IMMACULATE condition inside and out as he's sent me loads of High Deff pictures, 18" alloys as well which is what I want because I'm going to be sticking some prodrive rims on it when I get it, I couldn't have asked for a better car! He's just had the MOT done too and passed with no advisories, he's had the front bumper resprayed, and 2 new tyres and brake pads fitted recently! He's also got mudflaps on it which aren't very visible which stops stone chips on the arches, he's a bit of a petrol head himself which is great to buy off because he's really looked after he's car! Obv only problem is it's in Scotland but I'm going up there with my mate and getting flights, and he's picking us up from the airport which is great, I'd send you pictures of the beautiful beast if I knew how to upload them on here???? Anyone know? Lol
Many thanks, Danny!!

#23 ·
Thank you! Certainly can't wait to say I finally own one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen! I love the fact there so rare too, hardly ever see one on the road! Does anyone know how I can upload pictures of it on here???
And not to worry bucketbot all posts are welcome!!!

#25 ·
Cheers Danny. ;)

Have to say its a mine of information here, my car only came with one key and no code card but I now know after research here that the code card would not have been supplied with the car anyway despite what it say in the manual.
HOwever by then I had already ordered a new key from Meridian Milano in Bournemouth and the code card as well as clearly not a good idea to only have one key.
Cost as expected was substantial.
Code card plus new key and re-coding of both keys to the car £396.16 inc VAT!
Ouch! :(
Make sure you get 2 keys Danny! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.