Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Climate control-Heater problem

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  68fastback 
#1 ·
Discovered my car has climate gremlins today.....suspected somethings up since I bought it in the summer to be honest.

Even after a AC regas the aircon kind of struggles when really hot outside....you can feel the chill in waves so I know the AC is working but its almost like the climate is holding it back somehow.

Anyway a further twist in that I turned the heater up to 'Hi' today and whilst it blows hot air out of the passenger side vents, it blows freezing cold out of the driver side! If I turn the driver side vents off it then blows warm air out of the passenger side.

some sort of blend door issue or electronics?

Any suggestions? Search function not pulling much out.

#4 ·
Will give it a quick dusting, cheers.

Ref the pressure switch cutting out, I note that the compressor seems to cycle on an off a fair bit. Would this be indicative of the fault?

I read a thread about actuator rods somewhere since I wrote the post although Im trying to get my head round which ones!

#5 ·
I've been having a similar problem on my Brera: cold air on the driver's side, hot on the passenger side. I suspected it was a problem with the actuator rods, and then one of the rods actually fell out into the driver's footwell yesterday, so I guess that's pretty conclusive!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.