Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Front indictors on my 147 are different colours!?!

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Pud237 
#1 ·
I noticed when the alarm is turned on/off on my 147 that when the indicators come on one side is a different colour to the other!

Now I've seen it it's really annoying me. One side looks a really nasty washed out orange.

Is this because the bulb may be different in one side to the other? Or is it to do with the lense? I'm assuming it would be quite easy to rectify. Has anyone else come across this?

#3 ·
Thanks for that suggestion...hadn't crossed my mnd. I'll attempt to get the bulbs out and have a look. Any idea how to get to the bulb? I could guess but knowing my luck I'd break something. If they simply twist and pull out the back then it's not a problem??

#4 ·
If they simply twist and pull out the back then it's not a problem??
As far as I can remember from a couple of weeks ago when I fitted a new indicator, there's access through the back of the lamp - a watertight cover which is removable.

Trick will be to get at the back of the lamp. Personally I haven't treid to get past the undertray/wheelarches etc.

#8 ·
the side repeaters just pop off with a screwdriver wedged under them from the side thats closest to the rear of the car. I think as standard the cars have orange covers and clear bulbs, I've replace mine with crystal black covers and orange bulbs. Its a 2 minute job, and they just pop back on again. Easy, and I'm only a 1 out of 10 spanners sort of person. :D

#10 ·
You're absolutely right, I actually meant the front indicators under the bumper, not the side indicators (which like you said Pud, are nice and easy!):)

Sounds like these front ones could be a little more tricky! I'll have to get on my back and have a better look to see how the bulb comes out???

Both of mine have water in them muli. Apparently this is very common due to condensation so I decided I'd have to live with it. Am considering drilling a small drain hole in the underside of the lense to stop it filling up though!?

#11 ·
I took mine out very easily with a flat screwdriver. There are two catches on the side by the black plastic mesh. One above and one under the chrome strip. it is easy to take the whole indicator out, the wire is long enough to allow this.

I had water in right indicator as well; it was replaced under warranty and in 2 weeks was wet again. The problem was, the technician didn’t fit the bulb right in the plastic with rubber seal. I just let it dry and assembled correctly. 3 years ago now, no problems with water.

#12 ·
on my car the indicators used to fall out with alarming regularity, so maybe one has been replaced and is from a different batch?

On mine (but it is a GTA so maybe different) there was two flat holes either side of the lens, push a screwdriver down and gently push the screwdriver away from the lamp, this released a metal catch that allowed the unit to be removed, fixing was just a case of pushing back the lens. Once removed it allows you to turn the bulb holder that exposes the bulb allowing you to change it!

Hope its something like this though....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.